Wednesday 15 January 2014

B.o.B Reacts To 'Beyonce' Dropping Four Days Before 'Underground Luxury'





The singer talks about the making of his new
album, future plans and how Beyonce blew
everyone out the water.

The world stopped and listened when Beyoncé
released her self-titled album completely out of
the blue last month – no promotion, no warning.

Of course, we all know how that route worked out
for Queen Bey (' Beyonce' will be Bey's fifth
consecutive album to debut at number one).

But
amidst the 'I must buy Beyonce's new album' panic,
came B.o.B's 'Underground Luxury,' which dropped
just four days later.
"It's like, 'Dang, couldn't you have waited for
2014!" he told Billboard.

"It was definitely, like, Whoa.. She showed the
world how powerful an artist can be, and at the
same time how powerful the Internet is. That's how
to end the year, y'know? She ended with a bang."

With 'Underground Luxury' still managing to debut
a number 22 on the Billboard 200, there are no
hard feelings.

The singer explained that he let himself have fun
on his third studio album, and as the executive-
producer, enjoyed taking control:
"If I felt like talking about my past, the I talked
about it.

If I felt like making a club record, then I
made a club record. It's just me doing exactly what
I wanted to do. I never had this much fun making
an album. It's really kind of empowering."

So what's next for the 'Ready' singer? He's
launching his own label and planning a tour in
support of the album, which will feature
appearances from Chris Brown, Future 2 Chainz
and more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment