Friday 26 July 2013

I'm taking over with hard work - Miss Ghana 2013 declares







The 22-year-old student of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Guiseppina Baafi who is now Miss Ghana 2013 says she is taking over with hard work from where the former Miss Ghana Naa Okailey Shooter left off.

Speaking to Joy News on Multi TV, the newly crowned Queen described how excited and at the same time shocked she was when her name was announced as Winner of the Miss Ghana 2013 Beauty Peagent.

“..it was exciting, I was so confused and I didn't believe it was my name when it was being mentioned,” she told Multi TV in an interview. She added, it had been her dream to be part of a beauty pageant and that winning Miss Ghana was a dream come true.

she added that she will work diligently in order to attain the set goals for “Miss Ghana, beauty with a purpose”.

“Miss Ghana foundation is a registered charity arm under the Miss Ghana beauty pageant. What they do is to assign projects to each Queen and her runner up. Naa’s own was infant maternal mortality. This was her assigned project. By sustaining her project, I have to take it up from where she left it”. 

Guiseppina Baafi hinted of plans to pursue a personal project, but she would not disclose further details.

“I have a personal project, I don’t want to say it on air, it’s a very special project. Apart from this project, I would like to have my own NGO someday that will be geared towards single mothers. My mum is my inspiration because she is a single mother too”.

The former graduate of New Juaben Senior High School (NJUASCO) is a die-hard fan of Spanish football giants Barcelona FC but loves to listen to Ghana's 'Rapperholic' Sarkodie whom she says is her favourite artiste. 

She advised the youth to "...always be who you are, be proud of it and work hard”.



0 comments:

Post a Comment